There has not been a lot of change in the eruption during this week (28-May to 5-June) in the eruption of Fagradalsfjall mountain that might be part of Krýsuvík-Trölladyngja volcano system.
- The crater continues to get bigger. The crater grows by collapsing on the inside and expanding it walls following that it seems. Current height of the crater is 300 to 500 meters. This is a bad estimate based on web camera views.
- The main viewing area is now cut off from walking people because lava has flowed over the lowest point on the walking path.
- There is now a risk because of the overflow over the walking path that the western barrier is going to be breached soon.
- In general the lava doesn’t travel far but it builds up close to the erupting crater and is now at locations hundreds of meters thick.
- If the eruption continues as it has been doing the whole area is going to go under lava in next 6 to 10 months. As the lava just keeps building up.
- There are no signs that this eruption is ending.
There are no other news about this eruption that I know of. It continues as it has been doing since 19-March-2021. In other parts of Iceland it has also been quiet or minimal activity not worthy of reporting.
This article is a little late because I was dealing with headache issue for the last 12 hours.
Please remember to support my work with donation. This month I am little broke because of taxes and other billing issues. Thanks for the support. 🙂