This is a short update on the eruption in Fagradalsfjall mountain that is part of Krýsuvík-Trölladyngja volcano system.
- The crater that started erupting on 5-April-2021 has stopped erupting. I am unclear when it stopped erupting but that must have happened sometimes in last few days.
- Smaller vents have opened up but none of them have been able to create any major eruption crater. Most of those have also stopped erupting and been buried by fresh lava from others craters when they stopped erupting.
- Earthquake activity has been appearing along the dyke in last few hours. I am unclear what that means at the writing of this article.
- New fissures with steam or hot air have been reported south of current eruption. I am unclear where they are located. There don’t appear to be any new fissures north of the crater that has stopped erupting at the writing of this article.
- Crater 1 has now started to smoke a lot. While the second vent continues to erupt a smaller eruption. I am unclear on why one of the vent is smoking as it has been doing for the last few days.
- The eruption is now 1 month old today. The eruption started on 19-March-2021.
- Amount of lava being erupted has increased since the start of the eruption according to latest reports.
I don’t have any more reports today but that might change without warning. If that happens. I am going to write an article soon as I can.